Sunday, May 27, 2007

WTF?

I'm standing in Girlywood trying on hair and minding my own business when some guy chats out "Can we f*uck?"

I look around to see who's talking, and it's some guy standing by himself. He's close to me, but not right next to me. Looks very new. I ignore him figuring he just typed his question in the wrong window.

Next thing I know he walks over a little closer and asks the same question. This time I reply back with a quick "WTF?".

He scrambles over in front of me about as close as you can get without pushing and asks "What is WTF and can we f*ck".

I step back and reply "Get away from me, you perv... and go f*ck yourself!" - to which, no kidding, he says "ok" and walks away.

It took me a moment to recover. I wasn't sure if I should still be mad or laughing my ass off.

I did find it all a bit disconcerting - even for Second Life. I kind of expect to get hit with IMs and the very original "Hey Sexy" followed by requests for cyber when I'm out at a club - but public chat in the middle of Girlywood?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me anymore. Newbies asking you directly where to find a stripbar, how to get private parts, where or how to f*ck. Can you imagine a guy walking on the street, stopping a lady or girl and asking her the above questions ? I can't. But SL appearantly enables some strange behaviour. Is is due to the lack of social control and the anonymous existance in-world ? Probably. But it remains weird and I took me a while to get used to it.