Thursday, June 7, 2007

My World, My Imagination


RedDawn for SL Governor
Originally uploaded by RedDawn Bade
Imagine my surprise this week at hearing about an upcoming election for SL Governor, and more importantly, that I could cast my hat in the race.

So without further ado, I, RedDawn Bade, do hereby ask for your vote as the next SL Governor.

If elected, I promise to continue the great work of our current Governor.

It will be my pleasure to keep rolling out new features at all costs, especially any features wanted by our corporate benefactors. I know some people are worried that this may increase the instability of the grid, but I say those folks are just afraid of change. Given the chance, they'd probably go back to ASCII art for stabilities sake.

I'll also continue working to make SL safe. I plan to roll out a new LSL function "llThoughtPolice". Just add this function to any scripted item, and once activated, it will automatically terminate the account of any avatar found to have non-conforming thoughts within a 96 sqm area.

As for resident concerns about lag, inventory loss, IM issues and such, I really don't see the problem.

Lag allows us to to slow down and enjoy our SL experience. Think how much would be missed if everything rezzed up instantaneously and we were able to move in real time.

Inventory issues can be turned into a great game of hide and seek. It also puts us all on equal terms as even those who can spell can't find anything without a little extra time and effort.

And IM issues provide us coverage to ignore friends when they send IMs asking for help, as well as allow us to get to know some of the more interesting residents who enjoy great group chat - even if completely off topic.

I also promise to continue the great dialog that exists between our community and the current Governor. I'll make it a point to increase the number of posting to the blog, be they incomprehensible, contradictory, or completely irrelevant. I'll implement a new toll-free support option for all residents, wherever they may be (800-NO-SUPPORT).

And last, I'll be working with our corporate partners to ensure we have a steady source of revenue without having to raise taxes on residents. I'll do this by auctioning off the naming rights to mainland sims. Should that not generate enough revenue, we'll look at naming rights to islands as well.

I foresee great days ahead for SL, and can't wait to move into the new Kraft Foods SL Governors Mansion on lovely Halliburton sim.

For more on my opponents, check out Vint Falken's coverage at:

Vint's SL Election Coverage


Hello people, this is satire. Like SL, it’s not real. No avatars of any size or age were harmed in the making of this post. Linden Labs® and Second Life® officially do not recognize this election. Unfortunately.

No comments: