Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Windows on your avatars soul


eyes
Originally uploaded by RedDawn Bade
As a follow-up to the advice on skins, this weeks suggestion is to focus on your eyes. You know, those things in your head that bring life to your avatar.

I must confess that I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about eyes myself. I had a couple of pairs of whatever came in the freebie boxes I picked up the first week.

But after seeing some of the photos of other avatars and their wonderful expressions, I quickly spotted the eyes as an easy area for improvement. If you look carefully at a great portrait, many times it is the look captured in the eye that makes the shot.

The photo here shows me with 8 different eyes. The eyes across the top and down the left side are all Hyperfusion from X2. They are sold in a package with quite a few different colors and shades. The last three in the bottom right corner are all Paris eyes from Naughty. Besides the different colors, note that the Naughty eyes have a smaller pupil.

I know there are many other great places to go to find eyes besides X2 and Naughty, so consider these good starting places for your shopping. Same as with the skin advice, if you see some eyes you like, just ask the person where they got them. Oh, and be sure to let me know too. I'm always looking for something to improve my appearance.

No comments: